About the Center
The Center for Continuing Education is the responsibility of the Vice Rector for Studies and Teaching. The Center's role in the strategic project "Partner in Lifelong Learning" is to develop and test innovative programmes and learning environments in different areas of university continuing education.
- To develop and test an innovative programme of general interest courses at university level for public access;
- Based on academic/scientific research, to develop and test an innovative programme of university continuing education and innovative learning environments in the area of academic/scientific learning;
- To set up an information centre and counselling service on university continuing education for target groups in the area of public access programmes and academic/scientific learning programmes;
- To develop programmes to further competence and increase professionalism of educators working in university continuing education (teaching within the context of university continuing education; learning with older and inter-generational learners);
- To build up and maintain regional, national and European partnerships for programme development, cooperation projects and networks.
The University of Graz is a member of the following networks for university continuing education:
- AUCEN – Austrian University Continuing Education and Staff Development Network
- EUCEN – European University Continuing Education Network
The representative of the University of Graz to EUCEN is Dr. Andrea Waxenegger.